Manufacturing and design services for electronic engineers since 1983
"We do the first dozen."
Small Systems Company offers comprehensive design support and production
services for the electronic engineer. You take your idea from
concept to design. We take your design through manufacturing
startup. Our experience includes video-rate analog and complex
digital designs. Small Systems has always placed a strong emphasis
on the integration of engineering and manufacturing design
decisions. Our work style can be as collaborative or as independent
as you choose.
Services offered -
- Project planning and tracking
- Schematic capture
- Components purchasing
- Printed circuit board design
- Mechanical design
- CAD output to Gerber, NC, DXF, IGES, .JOB, etc.
- Small run fabrication and assembly
- Engineering documentation control
How we work -
Our roles usually include -
- schematic capture,
- PCB design,
- mechanical design,
- generating RFQs for a BOM and building a vendor database,
- receiving and kitting components,
- inventory control,
- management of fabrication through a fab house,
- management of assembly through an assembly house,
- management of a QC inspector at the source of assemblies,
- testing finished assemblies,
- management of rework.
Our inputs are -
- a pencil schematic and a bill of materials with approved parts specified,
- some physical parameters or specific dimensions for the PCB,
- a schedule,
- a budget.
Our outputs are -
- a digital schematic and a printed copy,
- mechanical drawings and machined fabrications and/or assemblies
- a digital PCB design, prints, gerbers, films, fabricated PCBs, and docs,
- finished assemblies and assembly documentation,
- BOMs and a database of part types, approved mfrs, vendors, quotes, and buycards,
- test instructions that a technician can use,
- QC standards.
Our final product is a dataset ready for turn-key fabrication and assembly houses.
Access to images of design work:
| PCB index Array 1 |
PCB index Array 2 |
Mech index Array 3 |
PCB index GigaOps 1 |
PCB index GigaOps 2 |
PCB index GigaOps 3 |
Rhodes Hileman to discuss your next design.
The first hour of consultation for a new client is free of charge.
Contact information is
Hand crafted web page design by Rh, 1995.
Html level 1: Readable with any ol' browser. . . .
You can report errors and broken links here -
Last modified: 14 March, 2001